HOW WE SOURCE WINES
How we Source Wines is driven by our commitment to protecting our client’s investment – not only in the wine itself, but also in the Twaites & Jones ‘brand’ – as their trading partner. This same philosophy is reflected in our trading practices with companies whom we supply and source wine for as well.
Ultimately ALL wines (including En Primeur allocations) that we source for our clients carry our guarantee that:
- The wine has been delivered (Under Bond) directly to our Vinotheque (London City Bond) trading account
- ALL wines must be in its Original Wooden Case (or packaging), with original labels, corks and capsules
- The wine is in “good condition” – levels in each bottle is no lower than the base of the neck, the wine’s colour is acceptable to the age of the wine, there is no sign of leakage or corks raised, the labels must be unmarked, undamaged with no sign of tampering, as well as any further ‘packaging’ materials (such as tissues) must be in good condition
- The wines have not left the EU and been re-imported – carrying ‘strip-labels’ or ‘merchant’ labels unless otherwise agreed
- Wines that are pre 2005 vintage will under go stringent ‘independent‘ condition reporting – conducted and verified by Vinotheque (London City Bond) handlers. All reports come with photographic evidence – please see ‘Condition reports page‘